[Air-L] CITASA ASA pre-conference symposium!

Earl, Jennifer Suzanne - (jenniferearl) jenniferearl at email.arizona.edu
Mon Jan 27 06:53:27 PST 2014

Hi folks,

I am writing to invite you to join CITASA for a pre-conference workshop before this year's ASAs. Our CITASA Symposium entitled [New] Media Cultures is co-sponsored by the UC Berkeley Center for New Media. The Symposium is on August 15th--the day before the ASA Annual Meeting in San Francisco. See the below info and visit www.citasasymposium.info for more information.

Please feel free to forward this to other groups that might be interested and to distribute widely.

See you in the Bay Area in August!

Best,

Jenn

******

Call For Abstracts and Participation

CITASA Symposium: [New] Media Cultures
Sponsored by CITASA & the UC Berkeley Center for New Media

Venue: UC Berkeley Sutardja Dai Hall
Symposium Date: August 15, 2014
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 1, 2014
Notification of Acceptances: March 15, 2014

citasasymposium.info
#citasa14

The CITASA Symposium Committee is delighted to announce the call for abstracts for the 2014 Symposium entitled [New] Media Cultures.

Sponsored by CITASA and the UC Berkeley Center for New Media, the Symposium is on August 15th--the day before the ASA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.

We welcome submissions on any facet of culture, communication, and [new] media as broadly defined as possible. Themes that come to mind are the interplay between [new] media and any of the following: culture, communication, technology, convergence, the arts, cultural production, cultural change in the digital age-and of course anything else [new] media or communication or culture scholars find intriguing...

Presentations will be eligible for submission to the 2015 Volume IV of Emerald Studies in Media and Communication entitled [New] Media Cultures (see www.emeraldmediastudies.com/).

Space is limited. The deadline for submitting an abstract is March 1, 2014 (notification by March 15). Please send submissions including your name, email, and an abstract of 200-750 words outlining your research to: citasasymposium at gmail.com by March 1st.

Thinking about attending the Datathon? Join us for both events on the UC Berkeley campus!
(see http://ipk.nyu.edu/initiatives/datathons or apply at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1516540/datathon).

IMPORTANT DATES
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2014
Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2014
Registration Due: March 31, 2014
Symposium: August 15, 2014 at UC Berkeley, Sutardja Dai Hall

WEB
Site: www.citasasymposium.info
Twitter: #citasa14
Contact Email: citasasymposium at gmail.com

SYMPOSIUM COMMITTEE
Laura Robinson, Blanca Gordo, Nalini Kotamraju, Gina Neff, Jennifer Earl, Gabe Ignatow, Jenny Davis, Sara Schoonmaker, Joy Hightower, Whitney Boesel, Nathan Jurgenson, & Jen Schradie

Jennifer Earl
Professor of Sociology
Social Sciences 421
University of Arizona