[Air-L] Social media text & Evolution of social network sites

Vyacheslav Polonski vyacheslav.polonski at oii.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 06:55:56 PST 2014

Dear Bercu,

I have recently written an analysis of the key trends that are driving the evolution of social network sites and social media. Hope you will find it interesting! Here is the article: http://www.dotrising.com/2014/01/07/the-evolution-of-social-network-sites-in-2014/

I am drawing on Bernie Hogan's work on online exhibition spaces, and context collapse theories, as well as danah boyd and Nicole Ellison's 2013 updated definition of social network sites (as opposed to social networking sites and online social networks).

Best wishes,
Slava

Vyacheslav 'Slava' Polonski
Doctoral candidate