[Air-L] Call for Participants: Transgender Internet Usage Study

Avery Dame avery.dame at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 10:40:21 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a qualitative study on transgender individuals'
internet use. I've included the official Call for Participants below, as
well as a persistent link to the official call. Please share it widely, as
I'm still seeking participants. If you meet the criteria and would be
interested in participating, please let me know at the email address below.

Call for Participants:

I am Avery Dame, a doctoral student in Women's Studies at the University of
Maryland, College Park. I am recruiting individuals who identify under the
transgender umbrella (including but not limited to transgender,
transsexual, genderqueer, ftm, or mtf) for a voluntary qualitative study
exploring how transgender individuals acquire knowledge and communicate
online about "transgender" and related concepts/issues. If you volunteer,
you will be asked to participate in an approximately 60 minute interview on
your experiences gathering information and communicating with other
transgender individuals online. To be eligible, you must be at least 18
years of age, reside in the United States of America, and identify under
the transgender umbrella. For more information, or if you meet the above
eligibility criteria and are interested in participating, please contact me
via e-mail (adame at umd.edu).

This project has been approved by the University of Maryland Institutional
Review Board, which protects human subjects of research. As part of the
study, I will provide confidentiality to all volunteers and participants
will be referred to by a letter of the alphabet in all research documents.

This project is conducted with the supervision of my project advisor, Dr.
Elizabeth Toth. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact her
via by telephone (301-405-8077) or e-mail (eltoth at umd.edu).

The call can also be found here: http://averydame.net/?p=369

Thank you,

Avery Dame

--
Avery Dame, M.A.
Graduate Student / Women's Studies / University of Maryland, College Park
avery.dame at gmail.com