[Air-L] OKFestival - in Berlin and all over the world!

Sally Selase Deffor SSDeffor at uclan.ac.uk
Fri Jul 11 04:43:52 PDT 2014

Apologies for cross posting. Open enthusiasts, see this last-minute call from the Open Knowledge Festival team below!

OKFestival is upon us....well, almost! Less than a week from now it all goes down in Berlin's hottest spot - Kulturbrauerei - which will be filled with open knowledge, open data and open EVERYTHING enthusiasts from all over the globe. It's going to be the biggest open knowledge event ever seen on Planet Earth!

Now, there are two ways to be a part of this amazing community event: you can either organise (or join) a fringe event anywhere in the world and link up with the Festival (add your event here<http://2014.okfestival.org/okfestival-fringe-events/>) - or, you can join us in Berlin, be at the center of it all and contribute a personal verse to this historic event which will shape the future of the Open Movement.

The festival will be so jam-packed with sessions, chats, keynotes, workshops, hacks, artworks, collaborations and virtual friends meeting each other for the first time that you definitely shouldn't risk missing out. As they say, nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come - and the time for open knowledge and open data is now - so let's work together to build the world we want. Come to Berlin and stand with us at ground zero of the biggest gathering the open knowledge movement has ever seen!

Join from afar - submit your fringe event here:

http://2014.okfestival.org/okfestival-fringe-events/

Join from within - buy your ticket here:

http://2014.okfestival.org/tickets/

More than anything, this Festival is a celebration of and by the community - of which you are all such key members - and the Open Knowledge Festival will not be the same if you are not part of it. Each of you brings something unique, irreplaceable and inimitable to this event - imagine the impact we can have if we all come together  as a global movement from July 15th-17th - in Berlin or wherever else you might be.

Let's do this, world!

- Open Knowledge