[Air-L] Research Participation Request

Sarah J Huibregtse sarah at hubrex.com
Tue Jul 15 07:38:49 PDT 2014

Re:  Instructional Explanations: Strategies for Message Writing

Dear Potential Participant,

My name is Sarah J. Huibregtse, and I am a doctoral learner in Education at
Capella University specializing in Instructional Design for Online Learning.
I am writing to invite you to participate in my research study about
Instructional Explanations: Strategies for Message Writing.  This study will
collect data regarding writing strategies currently utilized by subject
matter experts during development of instruction, and identify strategies
used to help learners activate prior knowledge and foster active processing
of messages.
Participants of this study must have first hand experience with developing
and writing instructional messages (i.e. materials, content, explanations),
or experience assisting course writers/subject matter experts as they write
and develop messages.

I am seeking participants who meet one of the following criteria:
§  Instructional Design Expert

§  Instructional Design Practitioner

§  Instructional Design Academic

§  Subject Matter Expert with 5 or more years experience

Requirements of participants:
§  Time commitment: approximately 40+ minutes

§  Signed informed consent form

§  Completion of online survey

Participation is voluntary and you will be able to leave the study at any
time.

If you meet the above criteria, and would like to participate, please access
the survey and online Informed Consent Form at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HX623HY
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HX623HY> .  If you have received this
invitation from multiple sources, please complete the survey once only.
Please forward this message to other message writers you think may be
appropriate for this study.

I look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience. If you have any
questions, please feel free to contact me at:
Email:   shuibregtse at capellauniversity.edu
<mailto:shuibregtse at capellauniversity.edu>
Phone:  (971) 209-2012  (Pacific Time)
Skype:   shubrex