[Air-L] Teaching a new media & society class?

Anthony Nadler amnadler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 09:25:13 PDT 2014

If you are teaching something along the lines of a “digital media and
society” course this coming semester, would you be interested in sharing
pedagogical resources and ideas with other instructors teaching similar
classes?

I’m helping organize an experiment (called Collaborative Online Network for
College Teaching - CONNECT) seeking ways to encourage collaboration among
instructors teaching similar courses across campuses.  We’re hoping members
will share assignments, class activities, recommended reading and other
media, reading guides, etc.  Some members might find even more ways to
collaborate, such as arranging cross-campus student peer critiques or group
project or participating in live online interactions with guest
speakers.  We’ll
use a WordPress site for sharing files, an email listserv or Facebook group
for messages, and arrange occasional opportunities for video conferences.

The goal is to help members enhance their teaching and hopefully save some
time with course prep (how much time do you spend looking for the right
clips or news articles?).  We’ll all talk about what would be helpful and
participation will be flexible, but every member should be willing to:

·  S  - Share your syllabus prior to the start of the semester

·         -Share favorite readings or assignments.

·        - Respond to requests for help and ideas from other members

Please let me know if you might be interested in participating by emailing
me at anadler at ursinus.edu.

--
Anthony Nadler
Assistant Professor of Media and Communication Studies