[Air-L] Critical digital literacy resources?

Chris Werry cwerry at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:46:10 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm hoping folks on the list have some suggestions for teaching critical
digital
literacy to first year students. I signed up to pilot the introduction of
some
critical digital literacy instruction in a first year writing class next
semester.
We'd only have 3-4 class sessions on the topic, so it's hard to know where
focus. The main goal is just to get students thinking more critically about
their
everyday use of digital media, but also provide some tips as they
begin their academic careers.

Any advice on tools, exercises, web resources, or thoughts on texts to
use that dovetail with digital literacy issues?

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated!

Chris
--

Chris Werry
Department of Rhetoric & Writing Studies