[Air-L] Teaching Participatory Design…a PDC2014 Workshop

Maurizio maurizio.teli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 06:47:18 PDT 2014

Apologies for cross-posting, I thought it could be of interest for many of
you...

Best regards

M.

---

The goal of the “*Teaching Participatory Design*” full-day workshop is to
create a place where people can share plans and questions about the
practice of teaching Participatory Design (PD).

Through this workshop we aim to create a context for all of us to talk
about how we design and set up courses, what challenges we face and how we
solve them. The workshop is for people who are interested in the way people
teach as well as in what is taught and what resources are gathered to aid
the process. During the workshop, we will explore in an interactive manner
how constructivist approaches to teaching can support the teaching and
learning of participatory design in academic and non-academic contexts. We
will also discuss experiences in using recent material such as the PD
Handbook.

We hope that this dialogue can become a regular part of PDC!
For more information on the workshop:
http://teachingpdworkshop.wordpress.com/

The workshop is scheduled for *Sunday 5th October, 2014*
<http://pdc2014.org/index.php/workshops/workshops-sunday-5th-oct>. For more
information about the *Participatory Design Conference* visit:
http://pdc2014.org

The 2014 PDC <http://pdc2014.org/> will be a platform to connect ‘in
person’ with designers, researchers, artists, practitioners and other
related people, to engage in fruitful dialogues, to participate in numerous
activities such as tutorials, workshops, doctoral consortiums,
participatory art encounters, paper presentations as well as game viewing
and exquisite dinning.

All in all you are looking forward to an unforgettable conference
experience with many new insights and connections.