[Air-L] Toward an Internet Bill of Rights

Ian O'Byrne wiobyrne at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 08:10:47 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to share and invite you in to the early stages of an initiative
currently getting started.

We'd like to bring the Internet community together to synthesize the prior
work and develop an Internet Bill of Rights. There is a good amount of
prior work that has been shared online in this area. I'd be interested in
bringing together the collective wisdom in the AoIR society to help develop
a framework of freedoms and rights we believe to be inherent in online
spaces.

To that end, I've shared a blog post
<http://wiobyrne.com/toward-an-internet-bill-of-rights/>, and Google Doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ddgjd_AyB2aftB1qrtyTaZqcIcwxgT9AuAM6dkuMXA4/edit>
to act as a working copy.

Please join in and lend your support in this initiative. Once we have a
minimum viable product, I'll move the contents of the Google Doc to
Wikipedia for further editing and comments.

Thanks again,
-Ian

W. Ian O'Byrne, Ph.D.
wiobyrne.com

University of New Haven
Department of Education
*"Feet on the Ground and Eyes to the Sky"*
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT  06516
(203) 479-4272