[Air-L] [Fwd: RFP on Implications of "Open Data"]

Dan L. Burk dburk at uci.edu
Tue Jul 29 15:46:36 PDT 2014

Of possible interest.  DLB

Subject: [CyberProf] RFP on Implications of "Open Data"
From:    "Jennifer Urban"
Date:    Tue, July 29, 2014 7:27 am

We are delighted to announce that Berkeley Center for Law & Technology
and Microsoft will fund up to six projects (totaling $300,000) to
explore the civil rights, human rights, security and privacy issues that
arise from Open Data.  This research may help ground public policy
discussions and drive the development of a framework to avoid potential
abuses of this data while encouraging greater engagement and innovation.
The papers flowing from the RFP will be the focus of our spring 2015
Berkeley Journal for Law & Technology Symposium.

The RFP is here: http://www.law.berkeley.edu/bcltopendata.htm

Feel free to circulate this broadly. The RFP is broad enough to
encompass thinkers from many different disciplines, including law, CS,
economics, and statistics.

All best,
Jennifer

--