[Air-L] What's your 1 sentence explanation of "Internet Research"

Gordon Carlson gordycarlson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 17:51:46 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I don't think AoIR work can be encapsulated in a sentence.  And I embrace
the transdisciplinary nature of everyone's work.

In that spirit, rather than try to write a monolithic description, I would
love to hear how each of you would describe/define "Internet Research".
 What is it?  Who does it?  Why do it?

I have been having trouble articulating some of my own work and would love
to know how you are doing it.

I appreciate your time and effort and will gladly share a compiled list of
all the responses I get if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance,
Gordon Carlson

PS - if you also want to send me your 2-3 sentence versions or versions
that focus on how YOU study the internet I'd be happy to read those as
well.

--
Gordon Carlson
Assistant Professor, Communication Studies, Fort Hays State University

Twitter: @Gordon_Carlson
Facebook: Gordon.S.Carlson
Phone: 541.990.1155