[Air-L] Fwd: Air-L Digest, Vol 119, Issue 3

Haythornthwaite, Caroline c.haythorn at ubc.ca
Wed Jun 4 06:36:34 PDT 2014

My book with Richard Andrews takes a practice perspective and ties to previous work on CMC and sociotechnical perspectives, as well as addressing learning theories.

Haythornthwaite, C. & Andrews, R. (2011). E-learning Theory and Practice. London: Sage.

We also edited a volume on e-learning research

Andrews, R. & Haythornthwaite, C. (Eds.) (2007). Handbook of E-Learning Research. London: Sage.

Work is underway for a second edition of the book.

Since you are in Sweden, you might like to contact Anders D. Olofsson (Umeå University, Sweden) and J. Ola Lindberg (Mid Sweden University, Sweden) about this — see their book "Informed Design of Educational Technologies in Higher Education: Enhanced Learning and Teaching”.

/Caroline