[Air-L] inquiry on appendices from international handbook of internet research

Jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Jun 2 06:26:06 PDT 2014

As many of you know, Matt, Lisbeth and I are working on a second
volume of the international handbook of internet research.  In volume
1, we included 2 appendices that I thought might be of interest to the
community.  One was a self-reported standardized listing of degree
programs that teach internet research/internet studies and the other
was a self-reported standardized list of research centers, significant
figures at the centers, and major research projects/trajectories of
the centers.  The thought when we created these appendices helped
define the field of internet research and documented, in part, the
field at the time.

What i don't know is that anyone found those appendices useful and to
what end people may have used them?  I bring this up because it is
possible to update and extend those listings, or even create new
appendices with new information.

So if you found them useful in some manner, please drop me a note
letting me know your thoughts.

thanks!
-j

--
jeremy hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture

www.tmttlt.com

http://www.stswiki.org/  sts wiki
http://transdisciplinarystudies.tmttlt.com/  Transdisciplinary
Studies:the book series

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it.
-Pablo Picasso