[Air-L] Web Use Tracking Software

Jeremy Foote jdfoote1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 19:01:14 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've been (unsuccessfully) trying to find some good software for tracking
browser activity.

The context of the project is online information seeking. Ideally, I'd love
to have a tool that allowed for retrieval of the content of search engine
queries and social media posts.

My first question is whether there is a tool like that that already exists.
Assuming that there isn't something ready-built, I'm wondering whether it's
better to:

A. Gather data at the browser level - e.g., via a plugin
B. Gather data at the computer level, via keylogging
C. Gather data through logging router activity
D. ???

I recognize that any of these options would entail a lot of work in
filtering and cleaning data, and if anyone has been down these paths
before, and could light the way, I'd appreciate it.

Very many thanks!,
Jeremy Foote