[Air-L] CFP: Mobile Trash

Andrea Zeffiro andzeff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 08:16:29 PDT 2014

CFP: MOBILE TRASH
Edited by Mél Hogan & Andrea Zeffiro (January 2016)

For this special issue of Wi: Journal of Mobile Media [wi.mobilities.ca], we are gathering contributions that address the idea of ‘mobile trash.’

The intention of this issue is to reconfigure the concepts of ‘mobile’ and ‘mobilities’ in relation to trash, by its various definitions and formations, from new materialism, feminism, media ecology, media archaeology, and queer frameworks.

We’re especially interested in short pieces (2500 words) and creative interventions that explore mobile trash as pollution, fumes, compost, satellites, e-waste, toxins, bodies, drones, viruses, hacks, landfill, etc. We welcome pieces that poetically engage the politics of trash and speak to its borders, transitions, movements, materialities, shifts, contagions, ecologies, permutations, mutations, and invisible transferences.

The online issue goes live January 2016 and will be accompanied by a print-on-demand issue.

If interested, please send us a 300 word abstract to info at technotrash.org

Include your name, personal URL, and title of submission.

Timeline
/ Deadline for abstracts: Nov 1, 2015.
/ We will let you know if your project is selected by Feb 1, 2015.
/ Final submissions due: Sept 1, 2015.
/ Issue goes live: January 1, 2016.

http://technotrash.org/cfp-mobile-trash-2016/