[Air-L] Online mob justice

Mathieu.O'Neil mathieu.oneil at canberra.edu.au
Mon Jun 23 16:54:10 PDT 2014

Hi

Going through email and saw this so replying a bit late but hey: in the 1990s there was a lot of discussion around vigilantism on Usenet as anyone could cancel an offender (such as a spammer)'s account. The most famous vigilante was called Cancelmoose. There was some analysis of this by legal scholars, you can find references in my book Cyberchiefs.

cheers
Mathieu