[Air-L] Berkman Center Job Opportunity: Communications Manager

Rebecca Tabasky rtabasky at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 12 07:38:50 PDT 2014

Hi there,

The Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University seeks a
Communications Manager
<https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerID=25240&siteID=5341&AReq=31923BR>
to join our team.  You will direct the Berkman Center's overall
communications strategy, with the goal of increasing the visibility,
accessibility, understanding, and reach of the Center and our work and
activities.

Working alongside a small team of staff who manage digital media
production, special initiatives, events, and community, and in company
with the faculty, staff, fellows, alumni, and broader community at
Berkman, you will develop and implement a strategic communications plan
for the Berkman Center---a high-profile, dynamic, and spirited research
center at Harvard University focused on addressing a wide range of the
most exciting and pressing issues presented to us by digital and
information/communications technologies. You will play a central role in
advancing the Center's mission, "scholarship with impact," by
spearheading communications efforts that better enable us to engage with
our existing networks and create bridges to new communities, people, and
organizations.  You'll be excited to share our efforts in novel, clear,
and innovative ways; use compelling storytelling techniques and tools;
incorporate design-thinking and user-centered practices into our work;
and consider ways in which the Center can integrate these communications
practices into our workflows.

A full position description, and application information, is up on the
Berkman site:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/getinvolved/jobs/communicationsmanager

Should you have questions about the role, please feel free to reach out!

Many thanks,
Becca and the Berkman Center team

**