[Air-L] CFP: HICSS Social Media & Learning Minitrack

Caroline Haythornthwaite c.haythorn at ubc.ca
Fri Mar 14 14:56:45 PDT 2014

CFP: HICSS Social Media & Learning Minitrack
Chairs: Maarten de Laat, Caroline Haythornthwaite, Shane Dawson & Dan Suthers
Track: Digital and Social Media
Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) 48, January 5-8, 2015, Kauai, HI http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/

http://www.open.ou.nl/rslmlt/HICSS_CFP_SocialMedia&Learning.htm

FULL PAPERS DUE: June 15, 2014 via the HICSS conference system
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_48/apahome48.htm

This minitrack calls for papers that address leading edge innovation, research methods and design to analyze and support learning through digital and social media. The ability to generate and maintain rich networked connections through social media, social networking, crowdsourcing, cloud technology, and social computing has a profound impact on the way we solve problems, learn, innovate and develop our identities, and the value this creates for individuals and groups. This minitrack will bring together state of the art research that furthers social theories of learning (such as networked learning, learning analytics, collaborative learning, viral learning, and social capital) situated in formal, non-formal and informal learning settings such as schools, higher education, organizations, workplace, leisure, communities and crowds.

We call for papers that use, analyze and/or develop technologies, practices, and policies that examine social media and learning. We use the term 'social media' broadly to include many ways of interacting online and many forms of organizing online. We also use the term to include use of multiple media and welcome studies that address use across multiple platforms. We specifically welcome papers that address new and exciting areas of research in the potential of social media for new forms of learning, and the potential value social media creates for connectivity, development, and knowledge growth.

ORGANIZERS
Maarten de Laat, Open University of the Netherlands maarten.delaat at ou.nl
Caroline Haythornthwaite, University of British Columbia c.haythorn at ubc.ca
Shane Dawson, University of South Australia shane.dawson at unisa.edu.au