[Air-L] JOB OPP: Project Manager, Data Science, USC Annenberg Innovation Lab

Meryl Alper malper at usc.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:34:18 PDT 2014

Passing along this job opportunity to work at USC Annenberg on a
large-scale social media data project.  Please share.

Best,
Meryl

* * *

Project Manager, Data Science, USC Annenberg Innovation Lab

(Funded by IBM Grant)

The incumbent will be responsible for driving the development of innovative
methods in audience research that bridge traditional and emerging
approaches. In particular, we are dedicated to making meaning of
large-scale social media data. The incumbent will also assist the Principal
Investigator of our on-going data science research projects, fulfilling
grant reporting requirements and insuring compliance with budget
regulations. Additionally, the successful candidate will serve as a liaison
among our researchers and work closely with our partners in the media and
entertainment industries. As the Project Lead of the Lab's data science
efforts, the incumbent will help integrate the data science research with
other research efforts of the Lab, and contribute data science knowledge
and perspective to larger Lab efforts, such as designing and implementing
executive workshops and presentations.

The ideal candidate will bring a unique perspective on audience research
and be able to communicate with both academic and industry audiences.

A background in both quantitative and qualitative approaches to audience
research is strongly preferred; including some combination of surveys,
interviews, focus groups, social media, and automated data-collection
(e.g., Nielsen set-top boxes, Arbitron meters.)

The successful candidate will be expected to implement an in-house system
for large-scale data analysis. Experience with one or more programming
languages and database management systems is required. Python, R, Java,
PostgreSQL, and MongoDB preferred. Previous experience working with social
media data is a plus.

Apply here: https://jobs.usc.edu/postings/19629

--
Meryl Alper