[Air-L] Science and Justice at UCSC invites visiting scholars for 2014-2015

Kate O'Riordan K.ORiordan at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 09:55:24 PDT 2014

Big data, informatics and bioinformatics have been key themes at the center this year - and are likely to continue to be - so could be a good location for some on this list:

UC Santa Cruz: 2014-2015 Solicitation for Visiting Scholars, Artists, and Graduate Students

The Science and Justice Research Center at the University of California, Santa Cruz: http://scijust.ucsc.edu is now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year Visiting Scholar Program. SJRC offers opportunities for visiting scholars and artists in residence at all levels of their career to join us and participate in our community. SJRC is not an academic department, so we encourage visitors to identify other members of the university with whom they would like to work with in activities such as teaching a seminar, offering an academic talk, or attending courses. We can help facilitate such activities. All applicants are encouraged to look at our past events: http://scijust.ucsc.edu/public-events/past-events/ when developing a proposal for an event as our colloquia have a unique format. Visitors are encouraged to visit for at least one full term, however we will consider shorter visits.

The application deadline for the 2014-2015 academic year is April 15, 2014. Our applications are reviewed by an interdisciplinary advisory board. Application materials or questions can be submitted to scijust at ucsc.edu.

For more information on becoming a visiting scholar, visit: Visiting Scholar Program: http://scijust.ucsc.edu/what-we-do/research-center/visiting-scholar-program/

For current University of California graduate students at other campuses, also visit: UC Intercampus Exchange Program:
http://scijust.ucsc.edu/what-we-do/research-center/visiting-scholar-program/uc-intercampus-exchange-program/