[Air-L] Syllabi/reading lists on advocacy and social media?

Tobias Bürger tobbuerger at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 08:40:31 PDT 2014

Hi Luis, you might also find the following articles useful.

Best,

Tobias

Auger, Giselle A. 2013. Fostering democracy through social media:
Evaluating diametrically opposed nonprofit advocacy organizations' use of
Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. *Public Relations Review *39(4), 369-376.

Bortree, Denise S. & Seltzer, Trent 2009. Dialogic strategies and outcomes:
An analysis of environmental advocacy groups' Facebook profiles. *Public
Relations Review *35(3), 317-319.

Galer-Unti, R. A. 2010. Advocacy 2.0: Advocating in the Digital Age. *Health
Promotion Practice *11(6), 784-787.

Guo, C. & Saxton, G. D. 2013. Tweeting Social Change: How Social Media Are
Changing Nonprofit Advocacy. *Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly*.

Thackeray, Rosemary & Hunter, MaryAnne 2010. Empowering Youth: Use of
Technology in Advocacy to Affect Social Change. *Journal of
Computer-Mediated Communication *15(4), 575-591.

Weberling, Brooke 2012. Framing breast cancer: Building an agenda through
online advocacy and fundraising. *Public Relations Review *38(1), 108-115.

--------

Tobias Bürger | PhD candidate, Northumbria University, Department of Media
and Communication Design
eMail: tobias.burger at northumbria.ac.uk | @TobiasBuerger