[Air-L] Reading list on technology and society (with a communication twist)

Janet Sternberg janet.sternberg at nyu.edu
Wed Mar 5 14:03:19 PST 2014

One more for the technology & society list (apologies if it's a
duplicate, I didn't see anyone mention it yet), definitely with a
communication twist:
Neil Postman, 1992, //Technopoly: The/ Surrender of Culture to Technolog/y
There's also Postman's 1985 /Amusing Ourselves to Death/ about
television, but I think /Technopoly/ is more general (and probably
taught less frequently than /Amusing/).

Regards,
Janet

Janet Sternberg, PhD
http://about.me/JanetPhD
Media scholar & author of book: Misbehavior in Cyber Places
http://misbehaviorincyberplaces.tumblr.com