[Air-L] Syllabi/reading lists on advocacy and social media?

Sarah Ann Oates soates at umd.edu
Fri Mar 28 12:32:38 PDT 2014

Mary Joyce (ed) Digital Activism Decoded, particularly good for undergrad course, you can download it for free online (I am pretty sure legally).

On Mar 28, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Luis Hestres wrote:

Hi all,

I’ll be teaching a course on ‘Advocacy and Social Media’ this fall. If you are teaching or have taught something similar, could you share your syllabi or reading lists? I’m trying to gather some good examples on which I can build my own course.

Thanks!

Luis

- - - - -
Luis E. Hestres
Ph.D. candidate | School of Communication | American University
More about me at luishestres.com<http://luishestres.com> (http://luishestres.com/) or LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/in/hestres) | Follow me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/luishestres/) | Visit my SSRN Author page (http://ssrn.com/author=1820222)

"Theoretical critiques are like sociopaths: Their aggressive drives are rarely balanced by constructive instincts."  -- From "Caught in a Winding, Snarling Vine: The Structural Bias of Political Process Theory" by Jeff Goodwin and James M. Jasper, Sociological Forum 14(1), 1999

http://www.aoir.org/

Sarah Oates
Professor and Senior Scholar
Philip Merrill College of Journalism