[Air-L] Twitter Fiction - call for participants

Emma Pooka purplepooka at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 3 08:44:01 PST 2014

Calling all web fiction/digital writers, creative writing students,
lecturers and anybody with an interest in collaborative fiction!

I'm going to be curating a mass participatory Twitter Fiction called Among
Us (http://amongustwitfic.wordpress.com/) as part of the Twitter Fiction
Festival (http://www.twitterfictionfestival.com/) coming up later this
month.

Over the course of 24 hours, starting from 5pm GMT on the 15th March,
@au_twitfic <https://twitter.com/AU_twitfic>  will tweet summaries of news
stories about the revelation that aliens are living among us.  Throughout
the day and night, participants will tweet their characters' thoughts,
speculations and actions in response to these stories, with the hashtag
#au_tf.  At 5pm GMT on the 16th March, the aliens will reveal their true
origin and purpose.

Anybody can join in just by using the hashtag, but if you'd like to be
closer to the aliens and you're able to commit to 30 tweets over the course
of the 24 hours, contact me <http://amongustwitfic.wordpress.com/contact/>
with your character idea and I'll give you some inside information.

Please share/retweet/forward this widely to anybody who might like to read
or join in - tell your students, colleagues and friends.  The more
participants, the better it will be.

Thanks for reading,

Emma Pooka