[Air-L] 2014 AoIR Book Award

Kendall, Lori loriken at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 10 12:16:56 PDT 2014

We are pleased to announce the fourth annual AoIR award for the best book published in internet research. This award seeks to recognize the best work in our field, and highlight the breadth of work that is done relating to the social and cultural dimensions of networked media. We will accept nominations (self and other) for Best Internet Research-Related Book published during the calendar year of 2013. Edited collections are not eligible; the book must explore a single topic and be authored or co-authored as a single text. The books will be reviewed by three eminent scholars in the field.

Copies of nominated books should be sent to the committee members, arriving no later than April 30. For mailing instructions, please contact the chair of the committee, Andrew Herman, at ahermanwlu at gmail.com<mailto:ahermanwlu at gmail.com>.

The winner of the award will be announced in the summer of 2014. In addition to winning a cash prize, the individual will also be invited to participate at the AoIR conference in Bangkok in October. Please contact Andrew Herman or Lori Kendall (prez at aoir.org<mailto:prez at aoir.org>) if you have any questions about this process.