[Air-L] Three Questions (was qual/quant and all that)

Alex Leavitt alexleavitt at gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:45:36 PDT 2014

Also, to jump in, there's the additional notion of theoretical versus
empirical work, which is a grey area by itself that can further be
complicated... in addition to another (and my favored) approach to the
quant/qual dichotomy around empirical work: analytical versus interpretive.

I highly recommend everyone read (my favorite approach to this quant/qual
debate) Chapter 1 of *Ragin, C. & Becker H. (1992). What is a Case?
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press*. I've uploaded it here if anyone
would like to peruse:
http://alexleavitt.com/media/RaginBecker_1992_WhatIsACase.pdf

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt <http://twitter.com/alexleavitt>