[Air-L] 5th-year PhD student seeking postdocs or visiting fellowships in e-participation-related research in New York

Karin Hansson khansson at dsv.su.se
Tue May 27 08:14:37 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am a PhD student in Computer and System Sciences at Stockholm University in collaboration with the Royal Institute of Art.

I have a background in the visual arts as an artist and curator, with a focus on the aesthetics and social aspects of communication technology. In my thesis, I have looked at how belonging and community is materialized and performed online, and I have developed e-tools for collaboration. I am also interested in how big data can be used to highlight representation in online public spheres and the difference-making processes within and between these spheres.

Is anyone currently seeking a postdoc in these areas in New York city, or know of related research centers?

I am currently engaged in a Swedish research project on e-participation and urban planning, and might be able to partly finance a post doc if I can do a comparative study in New York.

(I prefer to stay in NY of family reasons)

Thanks in advance,

Karin Hansson

http://people.dsv.su.se/~khansson/