[Air-L] Asking for readings about Digital Life

Janna Anderson andersj at elon.edu
Thu May 8 05:05:03 PDT 2014

Lee Rainie and I just published a research report for Pew Research and
Elon University's Imagining the Internet Center in March 2014 gathering
and analyzing the opinions of hundreds of experts tied to their
expectations for the evolution of digital life by 2025. Of course, what a
survey like this does is measure people's current attitudes about today's
trends and their likely extrapolation.

The "Digital Life in 2025" report is freely available online at the
following links:

The PDF -
http://www.elon.edu/docs/e-web/imagining/surveys/2014_survey/PEW-Elon%20DIg
ital%20Life%20in%202025_Report%20I%203-11-14.pdf

The Imagining the Internet site for the report ­ with much more additional
content, including nearly all respondents' full responses in two
qualitative data sets that could be further studied and analyzed by other
researchers -
http://www.elon.edu/e-web/imagining/surveys/2014_survey/2025_Internet_Impac
t.xhtml

The Pew Research site on the report -
http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/03/11/digital-life-in-2025/

We will be publishing seven more reports this year based on the data
gathered from seven additional questions in the same survey. The next
report - on expectations regarding the development and impacts the
Internet/Cloud of Things and wearable computing - is likely to be
published in May.

Thank you to the many AoIR members who shared their wisdom in this survey.

Best regards,
Janna

--
Janna Quitney Anderson