[Air-L] SPION closing workshop "You are not alone - How to tackle security and privacy in online social networks"

Jo Pierson jo.pierson at vub.ac.be
Tue Nov 25 06:06:48 PST 2014

Dear all,

SPION (Security and Privacy in Online Social Networks; http://www.spion.me) would like to invite you to our closing workshop "You are not alone - How to tackle security and privacy in online social networks" on Tuesday December 16, 2014 in the Faculty Club in Leuven. Our keynote speaker is prof. Alessandro Acquisti from Carnegie Mellon University (US), talking on the 'Roots of Privacy Concerns'. The closing note will be given by dr. Seda Gürses from NYU (US).

In this closing event we will present the main results of our interdisciplinary research project. The objective of the SPION project is to mitigate the responsibilization of individuals who use or are affected by social networking services by making the underlying social networking infrastructures and the organizations that run them more accountable and providing the means and knowledge to users to better arm themselves. These issues are addressed from different angles including legal, social, behavioral, educational and technical. During the lunch the audience will have the opportunity to try and see the different tools and educational materials that were developed. To close the day, everybody is invited for a drink at the reception.

The complete program and speaker information can be found at http://www.spion.me/finalWorkshop.

The workshop is free, but registration is required. Please register using this link http://www.spion.me/finalWorkshop.

We hope to see you at the event,
The SPION team

---
Jo Pierson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor | iMinds-SMIT | Department Media and Communication Studies | Vrije Universiteit Brussel | Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel | Belgium | jo.pierson at vub.ac.be | http://smit.vub.ac.be/Person/30/Jo_Pierson | http://be.linkedin.com/in/jopierson | @iMuses