[Air-L] Mobile phone and smartphone design guidelines for older adults

Ajda Rogelj ar2068 at student.uni-lj.si
Tue Nov 25 12:57:01 PST 2014

Dear all,

We are working on a project researching the existing guidelines and
checklists for designing mobile phones and smartphones for older adults (55
and older).

With the literature search we have come across 9 papers that
enclose/elaborate design guidelines and checklists (Pattison and Stedmon
2006; Lee 2007; Massimi et al. 2007; Van Biljon et al. 2010; Al-Razgan et
al. 2012; Van Dyk et al. 2013; Díaz-Bassini and Moreno 2014; Mi et al.
2014; Loureiro and Rodrigues 2014).

Because we would like to have a comprehensive insight into the topic, we
are trying to discover if there are any other (published or unpublished)
design guidelines for mobile phones and smartphones appropriate for older
adults.

We would appreciate suggestion that could help us with finding more
research that dealt with design guidelines or checklists for older adults.

Best,

Ajda, Andraz, Vesna