[Air-L] Dept. of Communication at Tulane Job, Professor of Practice

Michele White mwhite at michelewhite.org
Thu Oct 9 15:27:08 PDT 2014

Hi Folks

The Department of Communication at Tulane University is hiring a Professor of Practice. I thought some of you might be interested.
Best,Michele
<!-- /* Font Definitions */@font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1791491579 18 0 131231 0;}@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:JA;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:JA;}@page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}-->Tulane University, School of Liberal Arts, CommunicationProfessor of Practice, CommunicationLocation: Uptown Campus, New Orleans, LA The Department of Communication at Tulane University invitesapplications for a full-time, non-tenure track, Professor of Practice positionbeginning in August 2015. We are an interdisciplinary department in the Schoolof Liberal Arts specializing in the critical study of media, culture,identities, and relationships. With approximately 200 undergraduate majors, ourfull-time faculty offers a range of theoretical, historical, andpractice-oriented courses. We are seeking candidates with the ability to teachCommunication Studies (COMM 2900), which introduces students to thedepartment’s theoretical underpinnings by exploring our focus on relationshipsand identities, texts and representation, and structures and institutions. Inaddition to this competency, we are especially interested in individuals with abackground in one or more of the following: Film Studies, Technology and NewMedia Studies, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Public Policy, and PoliticalEconomy.  The position carries an initialannual salary of $40,000.  Moreinformation about our department and COMM 2900 can be found athttp://tulane.edu/liberal-arts/communication/ QUALIFICATIONS Qualified candidates for this position will hold a terminaldegree in Communication or in a related discipline by 1 February 2015. Theappointment will be for three years, renewable contingent on performance andfunding, and will carry no obligations for research or publication. Theteaching load is three courses per semester. Some departmental service is expected. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Candidates should submit a letter that identifies areas ofexpertise and possible courses, a curriculum vitae, a one-page proposal forCOMM 2900, up to two syllabi, teaching evaluations, and the names and contactinformation for three references. Questions can be directed to Michele White(michele at tulane.edu), chair of the search committee. Review of applicationswill begin on 17 November and continue until the position is filled. Allapplication materials should be submitted online through this Interfolio site:http://apply.interfolio.com/26785