[Air-L] new CMC tenure track position at Univ. of Michigan School of Information

Nicole Ellison enicole at umich.edu
Fri Oct 10 11:10:06 PDT 2014

Hi all!
Please see
https://www.si.umich.edu/prospective-faculty/position-call-commtech for
information about our new line here at UMSI. We've got a fantastic (and
growing) group of folks who are studying online behavior from a variety of
disciplinary perspectives, strong students, and I can't say enough nice
things about UM as an institution and Ann Arbor as a place to live. Here's
the short description; more details on site:

The School of Information at the University of Michigan (UMSI) invites
applications for a tenure-track assistant professor who studies
computer-mediated communication (CMC) and/or interpersonal, psychological,
or social online communication processes.  We are interested in a social
scientist fluent in communication and/or social psychology theory who
studies the implications of online and digital technologies such as social
network sites and other forms of social media, using either quantitative or
qualitative approaches. Possible focus areas might include: online
self-presentation and/or social capital, interpersonal relationship
formation and maintenance via online tools, online social support and
information-seeking, mobile communication, or virtual collaboration
practices and outcomes in organizational or interpersonal settings.

I hope to see applications from some of you!
Nicole