[Air-L] Livestreaming at AOIR

Alice E. Marwick amarwick at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:18:53 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm one of the participants in the selfie events (pre-conference workshop,
panel, and fishbowl), and we're trying to figure out how we can best allow
non-attendees to participate. We'd like to livestream the events and
include some sort of participation from watchers (a chat channel, at
least).

I was looking at UStream but they have "pivoted" to enterprise use and if
there's another possibility I'd like to explore that.

Any ideas? What have people used for streaming that has worked well for
them?

We'll probably just bring an extra laptop with a webcam and use that to
stream the events, but other suggestions are welcome.

Warmly,
Alice

--
Alice E. Marwick, PhD
Director, McGannon Center
amarwick at fordham.edu
http://www.tiara.org

Status Update: Celebrity, Publicity & Branding in the Social Media Age
available from Yale Press
http://bit.ly/StatusUpdateBook