[Air-L] #gamergate links

AMPARO LASEN DIAZ alasen at cps.ucm.es
Thu Oct 23 06:32:09 PDT 2014

Hi Burcu,

There was a discussion on the FemTechNet list abut this last week, here are
the links that were posted:

http://deadspin.com/the-future-of-the-culture-wars-is-here-and-its-gamerga-1646145844

(from Richard Lemarchand, Indiecade organizer, former AAA game designer,
USC prof)

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2014/10/stopgamergate2014-the-internet-has-had-enough-of-gamergate.html

(good summary from cbc)

Natasha Lennard, "The Dangers of Letting Monsters Pass as Internet Trolls"
https://news.vice.com/article/the-danger-of-letting-monsters-pass-as-internet-trolls

OLAASM (Occupy Los Angeles/Anti-Social Media)
"At the Intersection of Gamergate & Weevgate, Abusers & Their Knowing
Apologists"
http://olaasm.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/at-the-intersection-of-gamergate-weevgate-abusers-their-knowing-apologists/

which is in part a follow-up and response to the responses to the earlier
"The Blankest Canvas: On Art, Opportunism, Erasure, and Whiteness"
http://olaasm.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/the-blankest-canvas-on-art-opportunism-erasure-repainting-with-whiteness/

All the best

Amparo Lasén
Dpto Sociología I