[Air-L] Web traffic rankings and numbers

Anthony Nadler amnadler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 07:36:00 PDT 2014

I'm wondering where other researchers go to find measures of particular
websites' traffic as well as web traffic rankings for certain categories
(i.e. news, etc)?  Any sites that keep good historical records of this data?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of an article or other source that
offers a good overview for thinking about the complexities of measuring and
ranking web traffic and speaks to the pros and cons of different
techniques?  I'm writing about from a humanistic background with a desire
to touch upon rankings data in a considered way.

--
Anthony Nadler
Assistant Professor of Media and Communication Studies