[Air-L] Research inquiry

Harju Anu anu.harju at aalto.fi
Mon Sep 8 10:26:12 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,

it seems I cannot use the NodeXL as my Excel version for Mac is not compatible. Anyhow, it might not be what I need. What I need is to be able to extract the user commentary from YouTube from a specific videos. It seems this is not possible with NodeXL as it seems to concentrate on visualisation of data. I will carry out a qualitative analysis of the comment exchanges between viewers.

I tried to figure out the Google API, I'm under the impression there is a command that would allow you to extract the commentary to Excel by way of the =importXML query, but obviously I need the command line…and I'm not an engineer or a coder, unfortunately.

Would there be anyone who would know how to do this? I appreciate any comments and suggestions and thank you all in advance :)

Best,
Anu

Anu Harju

anu.harju at aalto.fi<mailto:anu.harju at aalto.fi>