[Air-L] Job: Fordham University, Asst/Assoc Professor of Strategic Communication

Alice E. Marwick amarwick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 07:17:12 PDT 2014

Fordham University, The Jesuit University of New York, invites applicants
for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position in its
Department of Communication and Media Studies, to start September 1, 2015.
The position will be based at Fordham's Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx.
Applicants are sought in the area of strategic communication for social
change and/or civic engagement, with an emphasis on critical analysis of
persuasion, promotion, and public relations. The ideal candidate's research
agenda will include an engagement not only with rhetorical persuasion but
also with changing technological modes of strategic communication. The
candidate will be expected to contribute pedagogically to our undergraduate
major, and to our new M.A. program in Public Media and Strategic
Communication (pending state approval).

Deadline: October 20th, 2014

Job ad:
http://www.fordham.edu/academics/programs_at_fordham_/communication_and_me/open_positions_77895.asp

LMK if you have questions. We have an awesome junior faculty at Fordham,
and our last two hires were Gregory Donovan and Jessi Baldwin-Philipi, both
of whom do cutting-edge digital work. I would love to see some AOIR-ites
apply.

Best,
Alice

--
Alice E. Marwick, PhD
Director, McGannon Center
amarwick at fordham.edu
http://www.tiara.org

Status Update: Celebrity, Publicity & Branding in the Social Media Age
available from Yale Press
http://bit.ly/StatusUpdateBook