[Air-L] Social Networking on the Dark Web

Robert W. Gehl lists at robertwgehl.org
Thu Sep 25 12:01:11 PDT 2014

Hi, all --

While we're on the topic of alternative social media sites such as Ello,
I thought I'd bring a new article of mine to the list's attention. It's
called "Power/freedom on the dark web: a digital ethnography of the Dark
Web Social Network." It will be published in New Media and Society, and
you can see an advance version here:

The article explores a social network that is only accessible through
Tor. Despite this, the site has grown quite a bit in the past year, with
many privacy-conscious members signing up on this non-commercial,
anti-surveillance social networking site.

Regards,

Rob Gehl
--
Robert W. Gehl
Assistant Professor, Department of Communication

Please read my book: Reverse Engineering Social Media
http://www.temple.edu/tempress/titles/2275_reg.html