[Air-L] Tool to convert Website to PDF

Leonie Tanczer ltanczer01 at qub.ac.uk
Sun Sep 7 08:55:37 PDT 2014

Dear All,

I am currently looking for software to extract the whole content of a website to automatically convert each site of this webpage to a PDF.

I am aware of Acrobat XI Pro. However, after multiple attempts I encountered the problem that it is limited to 10.000 levels (even when indicating to extract the whole site) and the programme crashes before finishing the job. As I am working with governmental websites, with huge amounts of content, this is not sufficient.

I am also aware of GNU Wget, yet it only exports the sites in HTML format. As I would like to analyse the content in a Qualitative Data Analysis Software, specifically MAXQDA, which does not allow the import of HTML data, I am struggling here as well.

I was wondering if anyone has ever conducted a research with a similar technique before and if you are aware of software which could support my data collection/extraction process.

Thank you,
Leonie

Leonie Maria Tanczer
PhD Candidate
School of Politics, International Studies & Philosophy
Queen's University Belfast
Twitter: @leotanczt
http://bit.ly/1d7O7kj <http://bit.ly/1d7O7kj>