[Air-L] Tools/Methods for Analyzing Photos

Ana Maria Quiros aq26 at cornell.edu
Sat Sep 6 17:50:21 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone,
I'm searching for software and research methods advice for studying online
images. I want to collect photo metadata and am specifically interested in
the tags, descriptions, number of likes, and album names of individual
photos. I'm currently focusing on Pinterest, Flickr, and Instagram but
would eventually like to expand the study to include other social media
platforms. I found NodeXL to be helpful with mapping Flickr tag
relationships but it fails to collect essential meta data to understand the
strength of connections.

Thank you,
Ana Maria

Ana Maria Quirós