[Air-L] On the aesthetics and politics of #Dronies

Elizabeth Anne Watkins writetowatkins at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 17:41:08 PDT 2014

If anyone is interested, the MIT Art, Culture and Technology program is
having a public lecture on drones tomorrow, Monday the 22nd:

Dronological: The Art and Science of Unmanned Systems

*Marko Peljhan*: Artist, Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies at UC Santa
Barbara, and Director of Systemics Lab, MAT/ART, UC Santa Barbara

Unmanned aircraft systems have recently been rediscovered due to their use
in the so-called “war on terror,” but are an invention more than 100 years
old. The lecture will explore the histories and interconnectedness of these
systems with geopolitical, scientific, techno-social, tactical media and
conceptual contexts. It will also present cases of their real and imagined
appearances, uses, and disappearances in order to track the potential
future vectors of utilization and concurrent reflection.

http://act.mit.edu/projects-and-events/lectures-series/2014-fall/sept-22-marko-peljhan-dronological-art-science-unmanned-systems-3/