[Air-L] @HASTS_MIT, a collaborative Twitter project

Scott MacLeod scott at scottmacleod.com
Tue Sep 2 17:15:39 PDT 2014

Hi Amy, and researcher friends,

Twitter seems like a far-reaching way to engage public scholarship.

WUaS's main current wiki SUBJECT TEMPLATE -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/SUBJECT_TEMPLATE#Select_Twitters
- - which informs most WUaS wiki pages, has a Twitter section to
articulate with your thinking.

And WUaS is planned for all 7,106 + languages. How to articulate
Twitter with Academia.edu, for example, as well, and to 'categorize'
Twitters as "public scholarship" ones? How might HASTS and WUaS
collaborate more fully, I wonder?

Brainstorming-wise, what do you have in mind by 'more general public
scholarship' projects and Twitters?

Best,
Scott

On 9/2/14 8:50 AM, Amy Johnson wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> WUaS is a fascinating project. Thanks so much for introducing me to it.
>
> I'm really interested in thinking about public scholarship uses for Twitter. Mixing courseware and academic Twitter feeds seems like it could open up a number of really neat possibilities. I know of a number of projects that have used Twitter in conjunction with courses or class projects, but those have been dedicated accounts, not more general scholarly ones... Lots of possibilities!
>
> Best,
> Amy
>

> ---
> Amy Johnson
> PhD candidate, MIT HASTS
> Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Harvard
> @shrapnelofme

- --
- - Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- - http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- - 415 480 4577
- - PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516
- - World University and School - like Wikipedia with MIT OpenCourseWare
(not endorsed by MIT OCW) - incorporated as a nonprofit university and
school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational
organization, both effective April 2010.