[Air-L] Research inquiry

Marisa von Bülow marisavonbulow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:28:59 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have started to use NCapture recently, following advice from other folks
in this list.

It seems to work well with Facebook fanpages, as others have mentioned.
For example, I have just downloaded data from a page that had over 9
thousand posts (plus comments).
BUT be careful, because I downloaded data from a group and when checking it
I found that two posts at least were missing.

With Twitter it is different, it seems that there are lots of limitations
on how much data you can get, especially if you want mentions and hashtags.

Regarding YouTube, NCapture does get the comments made to videos, so that
might be a good option for those interested in that too.
And of course then you can codify this information and use all the other
analysis options NVivo offers.

And I just found out that Netvizz now allows us to get page data for
specific periods of time, which is great!

Marisa