[Air-L] Article/literature on "conceptions of space/place" for teaching

Gabriel Mugar gmugar at syr.edu
Sat Apr 4 16:41:02 PDT 2015

You might like Estrid Sørensen’s “The Materiality of Learning”<https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=qM_uDV59uPEC&oi=fnd&pg=PR7&dq=estrid+sorensen+materiality+of+learning&ots=CZzUjsuSxv&sig=LFxW9WJQ9m7IH577iAiHIbZ5Mgk#v=onepage&q=estrid%20sorensen%20materiality%20of%20learning&f=false> (2009). She draws on Lefebvre’s “The Production of Space”<https://books.google.com/books?id=SIXcnIoa4MwC&dq=the+production+of+space&hl=en&sa=X&ei=s3UgVY_7O9DhsAT67oDQAw&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAA> (1991) (among a number of other social theorists) to examine spatial arrangements in educational settings and their effects on learning in both physical and digital environments.

Gabriel Mugar
Doctoral Candidate, Syracuse University
Information Science and Technology
www.buildingthecommons.org<http://www.buildingthecommons.org>