[Air-L] Article/literature on "conceptions of space/place" for teaching

Lara Salinas lara.salinas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 02:54:49 PDT 2015

Dear community,

I am really exited with the list we are creating! The topic Daniel asked
about is quite close to my thesis dissertation topic so I have been
following the conversation closely.

I think that most ³must-read² has been already referenced. Annette
Markham¹s suggestions are definitely a must. Lefebvre has also been
suggested. I would also suggest the following texts:

Graham, S. (1998). The end of geography or the explosion of place?
Conceptualizing space, place and information technology. Human Geography,
22(2), 165­185
Benedikt, M. (1991). Cyberspace: First Steps.
Nunes, M. (2006). Cyberspaces of Everyday Life.

As Ella, space is central to my research, and I¹d love to continue this
conversation!

Lara Salinas
Doctoral candidate at The Creative Exchange
ImaginationLancaster
Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts
Lancaster University

http://thecreativeexchange.org/people/lara-salinas
http://larasalinas.com
@LaraCSalinas