[Air-L] Article/literature on "conceptions of space/place" for teaching

Andrew Herman aherman at wlu.ca
Mon Apr 6 13:34:23 PDT 2015

Yes, this fantastic.

My I suggest two pieces that I wrote some time ago that situate the relationship space and place within specific examples of empirical analysis: "Story Spaces of Power" in The "Better Angels" of Capitalism: Rhetoric, Narrative and Moral Identity Among Men of the American Upper Class and "Mapping the Beat: The Space of Noise and the Place of Music" in Mapping the Beat: Popular Music and Contemporary Theory. Both are  circulating in pdf form around the Internet even though they are out of print.

AH