[Air-L] 3 articles on time and space

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 6 17:34:11 PDT 2015

Dimitrina Dimitrova, Diana Mok and I have an article in the 5/15 issue of
American Behavioral Scientist that deals in part on the role that distance
plays in connecting networked scholars.

http://abs.sagepub.com/content/early/2014/11/20/0002764214556803.full.pdf+html

Diana Mok and I have 2 companion articles:

Diana Mok and Barry Wellman with Ranu Basu. 2007. "How Much Did Distance
Matter Before the Internet?" Social Networks 29, 3 (July): 430-61

Diana Mok, Barry Wellman and Juan-Antonio Carrasco, 2010. "Does Distance
Matter in the Age of the Internet?" Urban Studies 47 (13): 2747-83.
doi:10.1177/0042098010377363

   Barry Wellman
   FRSC               Co-Director NetLab Network           INSNA Founder
   University of Toronto                                  Toronto Canada
                        Lim Chong Yah Professor
   Dept of Communication and New Media  National University of Singapore
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39      Print $14  Kindle $9
                  Old/NewCyberTimes http://bit.ly/c8N9V8