[Air-L] Recommendations for undergraduate reading on "Big Data"

Christopher J. Richter crichter at hollins.edu
Fri Apr 10 06:48:09 PDT 2015

I am looking for a reading or readings on Big Data for my undergraduate Communication Research Methods class. Unfortunately what I have found so far is popularizing, vague, ambiguous, even contradictory. Ideally, the reading(s) should address 1) definitions; 2) implications for social science data gathering; 3) strengths and weaknesses; and 4) ethical issues, but I will settle for three or even two out of the four.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Replies can be personal or on-list.

Thanks,
Chris Richter
Associate Professor
Hollins University