[Air-L] Intro-level readings on games/gamification?

Luis E. Hestres luis.hestres at utsa.edu
Sun Apr 12 15:49:05 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm teaching an intro to communication technologies class for comm majors, and one of our last weeks is about games. This will include an introduction to the history of the industry and some content about its most visible aspects, like blockbuster console games. But I'd like to talk to them about other topics, like gamification or games that aim to do social good. Can anyone recommend some interesting & engaging freshman/sophomore level readings about these topics? Ideally some long-form journalism or accessible scholarly work.

Thanks!

- - - - -
Dr. Luis E. Hestres
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249-0732
http://www.luishestres.com

Want to support our tax deductible nonprofit work by contributing to the UTSA department of communication?
Please visit: https://giving.utsa.edu/FriendsofCommunication
Thanks for your support!