[Air-L] "Big Data" Tools

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at syr.edu
Wed Apr 15 05:42:12 PDT 2015

Oh, yes, share back the results!

Here at SU, Jeff Hemsley and colleagues have a publicly available collection system for Twitter data: https://github.com/bitslabsyr/stack

We have put in a proposal to fund the building of a toolsuite for the collection and automatic tagging of Facebook and Twitter data for social science researchers. If that happens, we'll be reaching out to researchers here and elsewhere for conversations about what we need in such a toolsuite.

~Jenny

Associate Professor | School of Information Studies
Vice President | Association of Internet Researchers
Syracuse University
220 Hinds Hall
Syracuse, New York 13244
t 315.443.1823  f 315.443.5673  e jstromer at syr.edu
w www.stromer-galley.com
w http://www.aoir.org
ischool.syr.edu
My Book: Presidential Campaigning in the Internet Age